2. Supply and Other Responsibilities
a. Joint Collaboration Steering Committee.
- JSC Establishment. As soon as practicable, but no later than [***] following the Effective Date, the Parties will form a joint collaboration steering committee (“JSC”) to monitor and coordinate the Exploitation of the Licensed Products throughout the SIIPL Territory. The JSC will be composed of [***] representatives from each Party and a minimum of [***] representatives of each Party who are fluent in English and who have the appropriate and direct knowledge and expertise and requisite decision-making authority. Each Party may replace any of its representatives on the JSC and appoint a person to fill the vacancy arising from each such replacement. A Party that replaces a representative will notify the other Party of such replacement at least [***] prior to the next scheduled meeting of the JSC. Each Party will use [***] to keep an appropriate level of continuity in representation. The JSC will have a chairperson (“JSC Chairperson”). A designated representative of Novavax will be the JSC Chairperson until [***], and thereafter the JSC Chairperson will be selected alternately, [***], by SIIPL and then by Novavax. The JSC Chairperson will be responsible for setting the agenda for JSC meetings, with input from the other members, and for conducting the JSC meetings. The JSC will conduct its responsibilities hereunder in good faith and with reasonable care and diligence. Each Party’s representatives on the JSC will inform and coordinate within their respective organization to enable each Party to fulfill its obligations as agreed upon between the Parties under this Agreement, including within the time frames set forth hereunder.
- JSC Responsibilities. The JSC will have oversight and information sharing responsibilities and functions with respect to the worldwide Development, Manufacture, Commercialization, and other Exploitation of the Products. The JSC will, amongst other duties and responsibilities: [list of responsibilities redacted].
b. JSC Meetings.
- Meeting Agendas. Each Party will disclose to the other Party the proposed agenda items for each meeting of the JSC along with appropriate information at least [***] in advance of each such meeting; provided that under exigent circumstances requiring JSC input, a Party may provide its agenda items to the other Party within a shorter period of time in advance of a meeting, or may propose that there not be a specific agenda for a particular meeting, so long as such other Party consents to such later addition of such agenda items or the absence of a specific agenda for such JSC meeting. Each Party will submit to the JSC at least [***] prior to any meeting of the JSC all reports and other information required to be submitted by such Party to the JSC at such meeting under this Agreement.
- Meetings. The JSC will hold meetings at such times as it elects to do so, but will meet no less frequently than [***], unless otherwise agreed by the Parties. The JSC may meet in person or by means of teleconference, Internet conference,
videoconference, or other similar communication method. [***] costs and expenses relating to attendance at and participation in any JSC meetings.
- Meeting Minutes. Within [***] following each meeting of the JSC, the chairperson of the JSC will cause to be prepared and will provide to the other Party a draft of [***] detailed written minutes describing all matters reviewed or considered by the JSC, together with all determinations made and actions taken by the JSC and a summary of the reasons therefor stated by the members at the meeting. The minutes of any meeting of the JSC must be finalized by approval of the members of the JSC within [***] after the meeting. The minutes, including all drafts thereof, will be the Confidential Information of both Parties.
- Non-Member Attendance. Each Party may from time to time invite a [***] number of participants (which may include legal counsel), in addition to its representatives, to attend a meeting of the JSC in a non-voting capacity, if such participants have expertise that is relevant to the planned agenda for such JSC meeting; provided that if a Party intends to have any third party (including any consultant) attend such a meeting, then such Party will provide [***] notice to the other Party reasonably in advance of such meeting and will ensure that such Third Party is bound by obligations of confidentiality and non-use at least as stringent as those set forth in Article 12 (Confidential Information). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth in this Agreement, if the other Party objects in good faith to the participation of such third party in such meeting due to a bona fide concern regarding competitively sensitive information that is reasonably likely to be discussed at such meeting, then such third party will not be permitted to participate in such meeting (or the portion thereof during which such competitively sensitive information is reasonably likely to be discussed).
c. Decision Making.
- General Process. The JSC will only have the powers expressly assigned to it in this Section 2.7 (Governance) and elsewhere in this Agreement and will not have the authority to: (a) [***]; or (b) [***]. All decisions of the JSC will be made [***]. No action taken at any meeting of the JSC will be effective unless there is a quorum at such meeting, and at all such meetings, a quorum will be reached if [***] voting representatives of each Party are present or participating in such meeting.
- Decisions of JSC. The JSC will use good faith efforts, in compliance with this Section 2.7.C.2 (Decisions of the JSC), to [***] resolve any such matter for which it has authority. If, after the use of good faith efforts, the JSC is unable to resolve any such matter that is within the scope of the JSC’ s authority or any other disagreement between the Parties that may be referred to the JSC, in each case, within a period of [***], then a Party may refer such matter for resolution in accordance with Section 2.7.D.1 (Referral to Executive Officers) to the Chief Executive Officer of Novavax (or an executive officer of Novavax designated by the Chief Executive Officer of Novavax who has the power and authority to resolve such matter) and the Chief Executive Officer of SIIPL (or an executive officer of SIIPL designated by the Chief Executive Officer of SIIPL who has the power and authority to resolve such matter) (collectively, the “Executive Officers”).
d. Resolution of JSC Disputes.
- Referral to Executive Officers. If a Party makes an election under Section 2.7.C.2 (Decisions of the JSC) to refer a matter on which the JSC cannot reach a [***] decision for resolution by the Executive Officers, then the JSC will submit in writing the respective positions of the Parties to their respective Executive Officers. The Executive Officers will use good faith efforts to resolve any such matter so referred to them [***], and any final decision that the Executive Officers agree to in writing will be conclusive and binding on the Parties.
- Final Decision-Making Authority. If the Executive Officers are unable to reach agreement on any such matter referred to them within [***] after such matter is so referred (or such longer period as the Executive Officers may agree upon), then:
(i) [***] will have final decision making authority on all aspects related to [***];
(ii) [***] will have final decision making authority on all aspects related to [***]; or
(iii) In relation to [***], [***] will have the final decision making authority for that country.
e. Limitations on Decision-Making. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth in this Agreement, without the other Party’s [***] consent, no decision of the JSC or a Party ’s Executive Officer (in the exercise of a Party’s final decision making authority on any such matters), in each case, may [***].
14. General Provisions
14.5 Negotiation; Escalation. The Parties will negotiate in good faith and use [***] to settle any dispute under this Agreement, other than matters subject to resolution under Article 2.7 (Governance). Any dispute as to the breach, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of this Agreement will be referred to the Executive Officers. If the Executive Officers are unable to resolve such dispute within [***] after such dispute is referred to them ([***]), then, upon the written request of either Party to the other Party, other than a dispute relating to the scope, validity, enforceability, or infringement of any Patent Rights or trademark rights ([***]), the dispute will be subject to remedial action by any such Party in compliance with Section 14.4 (Governing Law).
14.6 Equitable Remedy. The Parties acknowledge and agree that there may be no adequate remedy at law for any breach of a Party’s obligations under ARTICLE 10 (Warranties), ARTICLE 12 (Confidential Information) and, which breaches may result in irreparable harm to the other Party, and therefore, that upon any such breach or any threat thereof,the non-breaching Party will been entitled to appropriate equitable relief (without the posting of any bond) in addition to whatever remedies it might have at law.