GHIAA Terms of Service
Please read these terms of service before using our services
These terms of service (“Terms”) cover your use and access to the information, clauses, software, platform and websites (collectively, the “Services”) provided by the Global Healthcare Innovation Alliance Accelerator and any of our affiliates (collectively “GHIAA”).
Who are GHIAA?
GHIAA is an independent resource, curator, interdisciplinary think tank and consultant for best and alternative tools, practices and agreement provisions for global health alliance formation. GHIAA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit recognized by the IRS, with a correspondence address at PO Box 14713, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27709, USA
What is the cost of using GHIAA?
All information provided by the GHIAA on its websites is provided for free, however we reserve the right
to charge for future services.
What you need to know before accessing our services
Your use of the Services is subject to certain restrictions
• To use certain features of the platform, you may need to register for an account.
• You must provide accurate information about yourself as prompted.
• You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
• You are responsible at all times for complying with the current version of these Terms.
• You agree that your continued use of the Services constitutes acceptance of the latest terms
• You must keep your user account details and passwords confidential and you must not use the credential of any other person or entity to access the Services.
• You may, in the ordinary course of your organisation’s business and for your internal purposes only: (a) view, use and customise the material provided as part of the Services; and (b) download, print, store and/or distribute extracts of the material provided by GHIAA.
• Sale or unauthorized distribution of materials downloaded from the GHIAA website is strictly prohibited.
• Use of these materials is for your personal or business use. Any sale or redistribution of our materials requires the express, written consent of GHIAA.
• We do not guarantee that our Services, or any of our content, will always be free from errors or omissions.
• You can only use our Services if they do not conflict with or violate the laws of your
jurisdiction(s). The availability of our Services in your jurisdiction(s) is not an invitation or offer by GHIAA to access or use our website or Services. By using our Services, you accept sole
responsibility that your use of or access to our Services does not violate any applicable laws in your jurisdiction.
• You may not hack, “scrape” or “crawl” any website owned or managed by GHIAA whether directly or through intermediaries such as spiders, robots, crawlers, scrapers, framing, iframes
or RSS feeds, or otherwise access or attempt to access any information GHIAA has not
intentionally made available to you on its website.
• You will consider, in good faith, whether there are any documents, templates, clauses or other materials to which you own the rights and could share with GHIAA to further GHIAA’s mission and to help make GHIAA an effective resource. If there are any materials you own and would like to share with GHIAA for use by GHIAA as part of its Services to other users, then please contact GHIAA at email@example.com
GHIAA and the services it provides is not a substitute for legal advice
GHIAA does not under any circumstances provide legal advice. The Services are for use at your risk and GHIAA disclaims all liability whatsoever which results from any use made by you or any other party of the Services.
GHIAA does not review any information you may provide for legal accuracy or sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide opinions about your selection of contracts, clauses, or apply the law to the facts of any particular situation. If you need legal advice for a specific problem, you should seek legal advice
from a reputable source, and not from GHIAA. Your use of the Services does not create an attorney-
client relationship between you and GHIAA, or between you and any GHIAA employee or representative.
GHIAA does not make any warranty as to the accuracy, applicability, legal enforceability or usefulness of any of the Services. The Services are provided for information only on a free basis with the aim of
sharing knowledge and tools for the benefit of global health alliance initiatives.
GHIAA has the right to terminate your use of the Services
GHIAA reserves the right to refuse membership, or suspend or terminate your account immediately and
without prior notice at our sole discretion. On termination for any reason:
• All rights granted to you under these Terms shall cease.
• You must immediately cease all activities authorised by these Terms, including your use of our Services.
• We may delete your account and, if we do, you shall not sign up to the Services under any other name or alias.
• We will have no liability to you for termination of your rights under this agreement.
GHIAA is not liable if there is an issue with the Services.
You agree that GHIAA has no responsibility or liability for deleting or failing to store or provide any content maintained or uploaded by the Services. GHIAA shall have no liability in the event that any Service is ended or is not provided for any length of time.
By creating an account, you agree that you may receive communications from GHIAA, such as newsletters, account reminders and updates. You also understand that you can remove yourself from these communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in email correspondence from GHIAA. If you submit feedback or suggestions about our Services, we may use your feedback or suggestions
without obligation to you.
Your use and GHIAA’s use of Intellectual Property Rights
Nothing in these Terms or the Services should be understood as in any way granting any license or right to use any of GHIAA’s trademarks displayed on our website. All goodwill generated from the use of GHIAA’s trademarks is reserved for the use of GHIAA, exclusively. GHIAA and its licensors own and reserve all intellectual property rights in the Services (including, but not limited to, all copyright), and you agree that you will not do anything to infringe or prejudice those rights.
Things to be mindful of
Keep your virus software up to date
• We shall not be liable for any loss or damage to your computer equipment, programs or data due to your use of our Services.
• You should use your own virus protection software.
Links to third-party services
• Third-party websites, services and adverts are not under our control and are provided for your convenience only.
• We do not review, monitor or endorse third-party links and advertisements.
• When you click on any third-party links, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply.
• We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of third-party services.
• We may transfer our rights and obligations under this these terms and conditions to another organisation.
• This will not affect your rights or our obligations.
• We will not have waived our rights against you if we fail to insist that you perform your obligations under this agreement.
Limitations of Liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as excluding or limiting our liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or (iii) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If you are a business, we will not be liable for any loss of profits or business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are an individual, we only provide our Services for domestic and private use. We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform our obligations under this these Terms that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control.
Your use of our Services is at your own risk. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GHIAA MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL GHIAA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT GHIAA HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Governing Law and Complaints Procedure
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States.
If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision shall be deemed deleted and the remainder of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Any complaint, question, difference or dispute which may arise concerning the construction, meaning or effect of these Terms, or concerning the rights or liabilities of you and GHIAA hereunder, or any other matter arising out of or in connection with the Services (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall first be raised with GHIAA in writing. GHIAA and you shall seek, in good faith, to resolve such issue in a timely manner. If you and GHIAA are unable to resolve such issue within sixty days of it first being raised in writing with GHIAA then either party shall refer the issue to be finally settled by binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce. The number of arbitrators shall be one, appointed in accordance with the said arbitration rules. If the parties are unable to reach agreement on the identity of the sole arbitrator within 30 days after the commencement of arbitration, the arbitrator shall be appointed by the International Court of Arbitration. The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be the State of New York, United States. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
If you wish to contact us in writing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing, normally by email. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email to the address you provide us.
Last Updated August 6, 2020