- 8. Withdrawal Right, Termination for Good Cause
- (a) Charitability Default. Each Party agrees that if it becomes aware of a Charitability Default it will promptly notify the other Party, and the Company shall thereafter provide to the Foundation a proposed strategy to remedy the Charitability Default, such strategy to be provided within [*****] of notification. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, the Foundation will not lose any rights or remedies solely as a result of a failure to notify the Company after it becomes aware of a Charitability Default. In addition, the Company agrees to promptly notify the Foundation of any facts and circumstances it becomes aware of which – in its reasonable opinion – could reasonably cause a Charitability Default hereunder. If the Company fails to cure the Charitability Default within [*****] of notice of a Charitability Default (provided that such [*****] period will be extended by an additional [*****] if at the end of the [*****] period the Company demonstrates to the Foundation’s reasonable satisfaction that despite the Company’s reasonable and diligent efforts to cure the Charitability Default during the initial cure period, additional time is necessary) (the “Cure Period”), then, in addition to all other rights and remedies available at law or in equity, including the Global Access License set forth above and all other applicable remedies in the Investment Documents, the Foundation will have the withdrawal rights (the “Withdrawal Right”) set forth in the Shareholders’ Agreement.
- [“Charitability Default” means any event in which Company: (i) commits a material breach of the Global Access Commitments; (ii) fails to comply with the restrictions on the use of funds set forth in this Agreement; or (iii) fails to comply with the U.S. tax code-related obligations.]
- (b) Withdrawal Right.
- (i) The Company agrees that if for any reason the Withdrawal Right is removed from the Shareholders’ Agreement or the Shareholders’ Agreement is amended or terminated while this Agreement remains in effect, the terms of the Withdrawal Right will continue in full force and effect as if contained in this Agreement.
- (ii) Notwithstanding any exercise of the Withdrawal Right, the Foundation will continue to be entitled to enforce its rights under the Global Access Commitments and in relation to any agreed Projects.
- (iii) Irrespective of the Project Commencement Period, the Company has the right to terminate this Agreement without any survival of any provision of this Agreement for good cause if the Foundation does not make an initial investment in the Company (by payment into the capital reserves and the nominal capital of the Company) in the amount set forth in the definition of Financing Round I in the Shareholders’ Agreement (the “Initial Investment”) by [*****] and the default on payment of the Initial Investment is not cured within [*****] after the Foundation receives a respective payment request from the Company.